2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and cut into small pieces
2 hours, 50 minutes
1. In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, Mulling Spices and 5 cups water. Bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, peel and core the pears, leaving their stems on.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, and carefully add the pears into the Mulling Spice liquid. Cook, turning the pears every 5 minutes or so, until they meet little resistance when prodded with a thin-bladed knife, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the pears to cool to room temperature in the Mulling Spice liquid. (pears can be refrigerate overnight in the poaching liquid)
5. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, butter, Apple Pie Spice and nuts. Gently stuff the pears with 1-2 teaspoons of the brown sugar mixture.
6 Roll out the puff pasty into a 6x12 inch rectangle. Slice in the 4 equal squares, then cut the squares into 1 inch strips. Gently wrap each pear, overlapping the strips to encase the entire pear. To seal, press edges together with finger tips dampened with water.
7. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dough is browned. Serve warm.