1. Preheat oven to 400 º. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the flours, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with your fingers or using two forks until the mixture resembles peas.
3. Stir in the blueberries and milk. Working as quickly as you can, combine the mixture to gently form a ball of dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a well floured surface and pat into circle about 1 inch tall. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges to the prepared pan.
5. Brush each wedge with egg wash, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. In a small bowl whisk the powdered sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.