There is something so nurturing about eggs with runny yolks that drip onto potatoes, bread, pasta, risotto...the list goes on. This recipe is no exception. It is made in mere minutes yet satisfies my soul for hours.
1. In a large skillet over high heat, add one tablespoon olive oil and the lemon wedges. Char on both sides, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, Smoky Paprika Chipotle seasoning and 1 cup of water.
3. Return the pan to the stove, add in the potatoes. Pour the olive oil mixture on top. Bring to a boil on high, then cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 9-12 minutes.
4. Uncover the pan and arrange potatoes cut side down. Add more oil if the potatoes are sticking. Add in the onion and garlic surrounding the potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
5. Make 4 nests in the potatoes and crack an egg into each. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until white are set and yolks are runny, about 3-4 minutes.
6. To serve, gently scoop out eggs with potatoes among 4 plates. Break each yolk, and then squeeze a charred lemon over dish.