A classic pasta and chicken meal that everyone loves - Chicken Broccoli Ziti. I find that most recipes are bland. My recipe includes fresh garlic, white wine and Mediterranean Seasoning . My recipe delivers the pizzazz this dish has been missing.
1. In a large pan over medium heat add the oil and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add in chicken, 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper and Mediterranean Seasoning. Sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in wine to deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits at the bottom. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until wine reduces by half. Then add in butter and cream. Keep at a low simmer.
4. Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Stir in the pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. 2 Minutes before pasta is done, add in broccoli.
5. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
6. Add pasta, broccoli and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese to the pan with the chicken. Toss to coat. Add in the reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to make sauce.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Serve with hot.