Tacos are easy, fun and are the perfect vessel for a fusion of flavors. These tacos are marinated with woodsy cinnamon, spicy chile, and sweet orange, a harmonious meloldy of flavors, that I promise are hard to resist.
1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons canola oil
12 tortilla shells
Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
Pickled Red Onions (1 red onion, white vinegar, water, salt, sugar), optional
Lime crema (1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice)
Hot sauce, if desired
1. Marinate the chicken - in a mixing bowl toss the chicken with the orange juice, salt and the Cinnamon Chile Rub. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
2. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the canola oil. Once hot, stir in the marinated chicken. Sauté for 7-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of chicken is 160ºF.
4. Wrap the tortillas in two stacks of 6 in damp paper towels. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, or until hot.
5. Serve tacos with sautéed chicken, cilantro, jalapenos, lime crema, pickled red onions, and hot sauce.
Lime crema- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons lime juice with sour cream. Mix well.
Pickled red onions - Add a thinly sliced red onion to a microwave safe glass bowl, along with 2 teaspoons each granulated sugar and salt. Top with equal parts white vinegar and water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Immediately cover with plastic wrap. Let cool to room temperature. Drain, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.