Tacos are a fusion of flavors and textures. These chicken tacos are no exception - tender shredded chicken in a sweet, tangy and umami sauce with crunchy peanuts and crisp lettuce, makes a delicious meal anytime.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Coat chicken with canola oil and 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Ginger. Add to prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Set aside.
3. Stack tortillas in foil and place in oven with chicken for 10 minutes, or until warmed.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and remaining tablespoon Toasted Sesame Ginger. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Off heat, stir in lime juice and sesame oil.
5. Remove the bone from the chicken and shred with two forks. Stir into the soy glaze.
6. Add a piece of lettuce to the middle of each tortilla, fill with chicken. Garnish with peanuts and if using add pickled shallots, cilantro and sriracha.
To make pickled shallots, thinly slice 2 shallots and add to jar. Fill with equal parts rice vinegar and water just to cover. Add 1/2 teaspoon each salt and granulated sugar. Cover and shake vigorously until salt and sugar are dissolved.