2 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
1. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender, add the parsley, oregano, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, Roasted Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes. Pulse until it forms a chunky paste. This can be made 3 days ahead.
2. Transfer 3 tablespoons chimichurri to a large bowl. Transfer the remaining to a serving bowl.
3. Add the shrimp and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to the large bowl with chimichurri. Toss to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat grill or grill pan to high about 450°F - 550°F. Brush grill grates with oil soaked paper towel.
5. Thread a lemon wedge through the rind onto a skewer and slide down to about 1/2 inch from the end. Thread 5 shrimp onto the skewer, skewering each shrimp twice (through the tail and head ends) and spacing them evenly. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and repeat with skewering the remaining lemon wedges and shrimp.
6. Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear on the bottom. Transfer the skewers to a serving dish and serve with the reserved chimichurri sauce.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour to prevent burning.