1 tablespoon espresso or coffee (freshly prepared is best)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 hours, 25 minutes
1. In a large heat-proof bowl add half of the bittersweet chocolate, the semi-sweet chocolates and Chipotle Pepper Flakes.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan or in a microwave safe container and bring to a simmer. Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and whisk slowly until the chocolate is melted.
3. Add in the espresso and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
4. Spoon 2 teaspoon balls between your hands and roll into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with silicone mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Meanwhile melt the remaining 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate. Roll the chilled truffles into the melted chocolate to coat and return to prepared pan.Sprinkle with Anglesey Sea Salt.
6. Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. For best tasting truffles, serve at room temperature.
Add additional Chipotle Pepper Flakes for truffles with more heat.