HomeRecipes Cinnamon Chile Pork Chops with Potato Chip Crust
OK so I adore potato chips, so much so that in a pinch a few years ago I used the bottom of the chip bag to coat my chops instead of seasoned breadcrumbs. To this day, I still get weak at the knees when I take the first bite- it is just perfect.
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a shallow bowl add the Cinnamon Chile Rub. Set aside.
3. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Set aside.
4. Place potato chips in a plastic ziptop bag and crush using a rolling pin or heavy pot. Do not completely pulverize the chips; you will want them to keep a little bit of their shape. Add to a third shallow bowl.
5. Dredge the pork chops into the Cinnamon Chile Rub, then into the egg mixture and finally into the crushed potato chips. Place the chops on the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reached 145º. Serve warm.
I love chips with a hearty crunch. For this recipe I use Kettle Brand, Sea Salt Chips.