This is as good as it gets when it comes to roasted vegetables. I like to use mixed colored carrots for a show-stopping side. Serve this on the pan family-style and let the carrots soak up the flavor. Recipe adapted from April Bloomfield.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and add 2 tablespoons water to each. Set aside.
2. In a spice grinder or mortar and pestle add the Cumin Seeds, thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse until finely ground. Add them to a large bowl.
3. Stir in the Ground Coriander, garlic, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil to the spice mixture. Whisk to blend. Add the carrots and toss to coat. Split the carrots between the prepared pans, drizzling any extra marinade over the carrots.
4. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the carrots are lightly browned and tender.
5. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, orange and lemon juices in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. When carrots are done, drizzle with orange-lemon vinaigrette, avocado, pea shoots and pumpkin seeds.
If you cannot find pumpkin seeds, swap them out for sunflower seeds.