1. In a large pot over medium heat add the butter. Once bubbling stir in the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
2. Add in the apple, carrot and garlic. Sauté until apple is translucent about 5 minutes. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Add the flour, Curry, garam marsala, cumin and cloves - stir until spices a fragrant, about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the stock, whisking until flour is dissolved. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the turkey, rice, coconut milk and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon zest if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle into bowls. Serve with fresh cilantro.