28 cups cold water (to bring total mixture to 2 gallons)
2 days, plus 1 ½ hours
1. In a bowl, combine Traditional Brining Blend with boiling water. Stir to dissolve salt and infuse water with flavor.
2. Add ice cubes; stir to cool mixture.
3. Rinse turkey under cold water and place in a nonreactive container large enough to hold turkey with brine. A food grade plastic bucket works well. Pour brine mixture over the turkey and add enough cold water to cover completely (brine should total 2 gallons).
4. Place in refrigerator to brine for 1-2 days.
5. When brining is complete, remove turkey from liquid and pat dry inside and out. The Turkey needs to be completely dry so that the oil will not splatter when placed in the turkey fryer. (Do not rinse!) Cook immediately.
6. To deep fry the turkey, preheat the peanut oil to 350º.
7. Immerse the turkey and cook for 3 ½ - 4 minutes per pound, keeping the oil temperature between 325-350º.
8. Remove from the oil when internal temperature reaches 170º. Check the internal temperature at ¾ time as brined meat cooks faster than non brinded meat. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.