1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly greased foil. Set aside.
2. Place potatoes into a 3 to 4 quart pot and cover with cold water. Boil until almost tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain.
3. When cool enough to handle, place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and smash each potato to about ¾ inch thick with a potato masher or the bottom of a mug. Try to keep potatoes intact as much as possible.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper Rub. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven and carefully flip the potatoes over using a spatula. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, cheese and Cracked Black Pepper Rub. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
I like to use red potatoes for this recipe- the color just pops off the plate.