1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, and 1 tablespoon of Texas Red to pan. Cook until browned, about 6 minutes, stirring to crumble. Salt to taste. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the flour and whisk for cook for 1 minute or until browned, whisking constantly. Add in the broth, tomato sauce, and the remaining tablespoon of Texas Red seasoning. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
4. Stir in 1 ½ cups of the tomato mixture to the beef mixture, reserving ½ cup of tomato mixture.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture to the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or cast iron skillet. Layer pie starting with 1 tortilla, topped with 1 cup of the beef mixture. Repeat the beef and tortilla layers, ending with a tortilla. Spread the reserved tomato mixture over the tortilla. Cover with cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Cool slightly, and slice in 4 wedges.