When I created this recipe this summer, my team all said they did not like lamb. But after everyone tasted it, had a second taste, then a third, it was agreed that everyone likes lamb. Serrve with Greek herb sauce, pita and feta.
1 cup of cilantro (about 1/2 bunch), stemmed removed
4 scallions, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 hour, 25 minutes
1. In a large zip top bag combine the lamb, lemon juice. 1/4 cup olive oil, Mediterranean Seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt. Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Thread the lamb onto skewers. Dicard the marindate. Let the lamb come to room tempature while you prepare the sauce.
3. In a food processer fitted with metal blade or blender, add the cilantro, scallions, jalapeno, rice vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and lime zest and juice. Pulse until desired consistany is reached. Pour into a bowl and stir in Greek yogurt. Set aside.
4. Set grill, grill pan or skillet to medium high. Grill lamb, turning to char all sides, about 8 -10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
5. Serve with greek herb sauce.
For a spicier Greek herb sauce leave in the jalapeno seeds. For a smoky flavor, char the jalapeno.