Locally grown corn is just starting to show up here in New England and we have made the most of it at Victoria Gourmet. Many of my seasonings pair well with corn so I decided to make four different recipes this week.
This first recipe for grilled corn on the cob is extremely simple and versatile. It was hard to decide which of my seasoning blends to use since so many would work in this application but I ultimately went with Smoky Paprika Chipotle. You could also try Texas Red, Honey Aleppo Pepper, Zesty Lemon Herb, Cracked Black Pepper Rub, No Salt Lemon Pepper, New Orleans, or Cinnamon Chile Rub.
For this recipe you will need:
4 teaspoons Smoky Paprika Chipotle
4 ears of corn, shucked
4 tablespoons of butter
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Place each ear of corn on a piece of tinfoil.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on each ear of corn then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Victoria Taylor's Smoky Paprika Chipotle.
4. Wrap each ear tightly in the tinfoil and grill for 20 minutes rotating often.
5. Remove corn from the grill and let rest 5 minutes until cool to the touch.
Also on the menu this week was Chipotle Grilled Corn on the Cob.
For this recipe you grill the corn in its husk with a mixture of my Chipotle Pepper Flakes, lime juice, and mayonnaise.
Next up was a Spicy Cheddar Cornbread using fresh cut corn, sharp cheddar cheese and New Orleans Seasoning.
I finished the week with a Fresh Corn Salad that mixed corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, lime juice, feta cheese and red onion with my No Salt Lemon Pepper. The flavors of the vegetables really pop with the lemon in the seasoning and fresh lime juice!