1. In a large pot over medium heat sauté the sausage until browned, about 15 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside. Drain drippings reserving 2 tablespoons.
2. In the same pot over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the reserved sausage dripping and okra. Cook until slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
3. Add the olive oil, onions, peppers and garlic to the same pot. Stir and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir back in the okra to the onion mixture. Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, Cumin and New Orleans.seasoning. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. While the Gumbo is simmering, make the rice according to package instructions.
6. After the Gumbo simmers for 20 minutes, stir in the sausage and uncooked shrimp. Simmer for 5 minutes until the shrimp are cooked.
7. Serve on bed of rice - top with fresh parsley.