1. In a large pot bring 2 cups of water to boil. Stir in the Traditional Brining Blend. Stir until salt and sugar has dissolved.
2. Add ice cubes to the brining water and stir until melted. Then stir in 6 quarts of cold water. The water temperature should be 45°F or colder.
3. Place turkey in a container large contain and top with the brine. Add enough additional cold water to completely cover the turkey.
4. Refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
5. Remove turkey from brine, rinse and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
6. Roast for 15 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature of the breast 165°F or the thickest part of the thigh is 175°F . Be sure to check internal temperature at ¾ cooking time as brined meat cooks faster than unbrined meat.
7. Remove the turkey from the pan, place on a cutting board and cover tightly with foil for 20 minutes before carving.
To add even more flavor to the turkey, combine four tablespoons of my Turkey Rub with olive oil or butter and rub on turkey before roasting.