1. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the apple juice, dried fruit and raisins. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 30 seconds, just enough to warm. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook add in all of the bun ingredients, expect for the fruit. Knead the mixture, until the dough is soft and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Add in the cooled fruit.
4. Let the dough rise in a warm location for 1 hour, covered. It should become puffy, though may not double in bulk.
5. Divide the dough into 1/3 cup or 3 3/4 ounce portions, you should have 12. Roll the dough into smooth balls and arrange in prepared pan. Arrange them in the prepared pan, cover and let the buns rise for 1 hour or until they are connected to one another.
6. Preheat oven to 375º F.
7. Whisk together the reserved egg white and the milk, brush the buns.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown. Turn buns out of pan onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
9. In a bowl combine the icing ingredients. Decorate each bun with a cross shape on top.