2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
3. Using a box grater, grate the onion over a large bowl lined with a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Tightly wrap and twist the onion squeezing out the liquid. Discard the liquid. Add the grated onion to the bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with grated onion. Mix thoroughly.
5. Form mixture into 1/4 cup patties and mold around a skewer to create an oval shape. Place on the prepared pan.
6. Broil for 12-15 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Serve with your favorite brand of tzatziki and toasted pita or naan.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour to prevent burning.