1. In a small bowl combine the water, yeast and sugar - let sit for 10-15 minutes or until yeast has foamy.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and Mediterranean seasoning.
3. In stand mxier with bread hook attachment, add the yeast mixture and gradually add in the flour mixture and olive oil. Once all of the flour and olive oil has been added, increase spead to medium for 5 minutes or unitl the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Coat a jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet (12 x 17 inches) with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the dough and press to fit the pan. Turn the dough over so both sides are now oil coated. Sprinkle the surface with Parmesan cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes or unitl puffy.
5. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
6. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the dough, sea salt . Using your fingers, poke holes to the bottom of the dough. If using caramelzied onions, spread them over the dough.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.