1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (regular or decaf)
3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 hours 42-45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 325˚. Position the oven rack in bottom notch of the oven. Line a 8x8x2 inch pan with parchment. (Spray the pan with cooking spray, then line the pan with parchment - this willl hold the parchment in place)
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is no longer foaming and brown bits are visible.
3. Add the sugar, instant coffee powder, cocoa and cinnamon, mix well. Remove from the heat and cool 10 minutes.
4. Add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg,
5. Fold in the flour and walnuts, just until no flour is visible. Pour into the prepared pan. Top with Anglesey sea salt.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
7. Cool completely before cutting.
8. Store at room temperture in an airtight container for 2 days or freeze up to 1 month.
LIKE: Better Batter and King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour. HINT: If using King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour or a custom blend, you will need to add Xanthan Gum. Cookies/Bar Cookies, Breads, and Pizza use 1 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum for every 1 Cup GF Flour. If using Better Batter, you will need increase the liquid in the recipe by 50%. Add in small amounts until the desired moisture is reached.
OTHER: Brown Rice, Oat, Tapioca, Buckwheat, Almond, Teff, and Sorghum Flour.
Swap out walnuts for pecans, almonds or hazelnuts.