1. Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat oven to 400°.
1. For the dough blend 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add 6 tablespoons ice water and process until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather into ball; divide into 2 pieces. Flatten each into disks.
2. For the filling mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and Apple Pie Spice in large bowl. Add apples and toss to blend.
3. Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch diameter glass pie dish. Fold edge under, forming high-standing rim. Add filling. Roll out second dough disk on floured surface to 13-inch round. Place 2nd disk over top and gently press edges of top and bottom crust together; crimp. Brush top with milk. Sprinkle lightly with additional sugar and Apple Pie Spice.
4. Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Continue baking for 1 hour 20 minutes until juice bubbles thickly and crust is deep golden, covering edges with foil if browning too quickly.
5. Cool on rack 1 hour before serving.