Papillote means baked in parchment. It sounds fancy. Don't be fooled, this is a simple way cook fish and as an added bonus, clean up couldn't be easier! Try this recipe with my Toasted Sesame Ginger, Ginger Citrus or Seafood Seasoning.
4 pieces parchment paper (1/2 sheet size or 18x13" sheets)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
4- 6 ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, shredded
2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges
1. In a small bowl combine the butter and Zesty Lemon Herb seasoning. Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap, twist tightly to create a log shape. Freeze. Once frozen slice into 8 portions. Freeze until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
3. Lay a piece of parchment flat on the counter. Arrange 1/4 of the asparagus in the middle of the parchment. Top with 1 piece of salmon, 1/4 of the onions, garlic slices, carrots, lemon juice and 2 portions of the frozen herb butter.
4. Bring the long edges of the parchment together above the fish and fold down until snug against fish. Then tuck under the short edges under the fish. Place in a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 with remaining fish and vegetables.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Unfold and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.
Papillote packets can be prepped 4 hours ahead. Refrigerate until ready to bake. .