2. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Boil for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
3. Drain the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add in the butter, milk, salt and pepper to taste and mash until smooth. Whisk in egg yolk and beat till smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
5. Add the ground beef and cook until well browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and Toasted Onion Herb seasoning, cook for 5 minutes.
6. Spread the ground beef mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Next, spread a layer of corn and 1/2 of the cheese. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle top with remaining shredded cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
For a lighter meal swap out the ground beef for ground turkey.