This warm and smoky chili is not super spicy is the ideal ahead meal. For me for any meal wth loads of toppings is a favorite, and this chili is no exception. No slow cooker, no worries, this can be made stove top too!
Stove Top 1 hour, Slow Cooker 4 Hours on High or 6 Hours in Low
1 to 6 hours
1. Combine the onion, garlic, green peppers, jalapeños, tomatillos, salt, pepper, chicken and Smoky Paprika Chipotle seasoning in the slow cooker. Stir to coat.
2. Pour in the chicken stock, cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
3. 30 minutes before the end of cooking stir in the beans and corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and finish cooking.
4. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Stir back into the slow cooker. Serve warm.
1. In a large pot over medium high heat add the oil. Saute the onion, garlic, green peppers, and jalapeños for 3 minutes or until just tender. Stir in the tomatillos, salt, pepper and Smoky Paprika Chipotle. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the chicken. Sauté until browned about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Use a digital thermometer and inser it into the thickest part of each breast. Once the chicken reaches 160˚F remobe to a plate to cool. Stir in the beans and corn. Cover and continue to cook for on low.
4. Using two forks, shread the chicken and stir back into the chili. Cook 5 minutes. Serve hot with assorted toppings.
This soup will keep for 5 days refrigerated or 3 months frozen.