1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons olive oil and the onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
3. Add in the butter and ground beef. Cook until no pink is visible, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in the Sicilian seasoning, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a low simmer.
5. Meanwhile prepare the spaghetti and the cheese layers.Toss the cooked spaghetti with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine the cottage, ricotta, sour cream and cream cheese cheese, mix thoroughly.
7. Use 2 (9x13x2) Pyrex pans or 1 very large lasagna pan (3 to 4 inch sides) for this dish. The finished pie has a total of 6 layers: 1) spaghetti, 2) cheese, 3) meat sauce, 4) spaghetti, 5) cheese 6) meat sauce.
8. Layer 1/2 of the spaghetti on the bottom of the pan(s).
9. Using a spatula, spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the spaghetti.
10. Spread a little less than 1/2 of the meat sauce on top of the cheese mixture.
11. Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10, finishing the pie with a generous layer of meat sauce.
12. Bake for 60 minutes. Let the pie rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.