1. Prepare canner, and 5 large mason jars and lids.
2. Pack cucumbers, placing red pepper strips periodically between cucumbers, into hot jars leaving at least ½ inch on top of jar.
3. In medium saucepan bring water, vinegar, Spicy Brining Blend, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve.
4. Ladle hot brining mixture into jar to cover pickles, leaving ½ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding more of the liquid.
5. Wipe rim and tighten seal with lid and band until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
6. Place jars in canner, cover completely with water; cover canner. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes.
7. Remove canner lid; wait 5 minutes. Remove jars, cool, and store.