1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Make the filling: in a saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter. Once the butter is bubbling whisk in the flour until a thick paste forms. Cook for 2 minutes until the flour is a golden color and smells toasted.
3. Slowly whisk in salt, milk, Nutmeg and cheeses. Once the cheese has melted remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
4. Roll pie the crust dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-1/8 of an inch thick. Using a 4 inch round cutter or bowl cut circles out of your dough. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoons of filling into the center of each circle. Crimp both edges toward to center with your fingertips. Alternatively, fold the dough in half to create a semi-circle. Crimp sides together with a floured fork. Place on the prepared pan about 1 inch apart. At this point, these can be made frozen. No need to thaw, just add 5 minutes to your cooking time.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.