2 cups mini marshmallows - for Sweet Potato Casserole
1 hour, 17 minutes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. Pierce sweet potato 5-6 times with a fork. Microwave sweet potatoes for 8-10 minutes each or until very tender. Rest until cool enough to handle.
3. Melt the butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. As the butter melts it will begin to foam and the color will go from lemony-yellow to toasty-brown when the foaming stops. Remove from the heat and stir in the Maple Sweet Potato Seasoning.
4. Peel the potatoes, discarding the skins. Add the sweet potatoes and seasoned butter to a food processor fitted with a metal blade or blender. Process until smooth. Fold in sour cream.
Sweet Potato Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Following the instructions above, add the Mashed Sweet Potatoes to a 2 quart baking dish, smoothing the surface. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and top with marshmallows. Broil until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.