1 - 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 scallions, diced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, optional
Juice of 1 lemon, optional
1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Arrange sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Piece potatoes with a fork or knife to allow to steam to vent. Cook 40 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil, onion, apple, and Moroccan seasoning. Saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Then add in garbanzo beans, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Cook for 3 minutes or until beans are warm. Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 of the cilantro.
4. To serve, slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Top each half with a quarter of the garbanzo bean mixture, fresh cilantro and scallions.
5. Optional yogurt sauce- combine yogurt, lemon juice and paprika. Stir to combine. Drizzle over sweet potatoes.