1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch dice
10 mint leaves, torn into small pieces
1 cup salted cashews or peanuts
1 hour, 30 minutes
1. Make the pickled red onions - add the red onion, vinegar, 1 cup of water, granulated sugar and kosher salt to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Drain and chill pickled red onions until ready to use. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
2. In a large bowl combine the lime juice, brown sugar, and Ginger Salt. Whisk to blend and set aside.
3. In a second large bowl add the rice noodles and green beans. Top with boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Drain and add to lime juice mixture. Let salad cool to room temperature.
4. Add the pickled red onions, cucumber and carrot. Toss to coat and refrigerate until chilled.
5. Stir in the mango, mint and cashews before serving.
I like to serve with a lime wedge, a squirt of Sriracha and a extra small sprinkling of Ginger Salt.