1. Heat a large covered pot over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil and 4 popcorn kernels.
2. Cover and cook until all 4 kernels pop.
3. Take the four kernels out of the pot. Add the rest of the popcorn kernels, cover and take the pot off the heat. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Put the pot back on the heat. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down, about 2 minutes.
5. Once the popping has slowed down, take the lid off of the pot. Add in the seasoning of your choice and salt to taste. Toss until completely coated.