2. To prepare the turkey, remove the giblets and neck. Rinse the turkey with cool water and pat dry.
3. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons Turkey Rub, carrots, onion, garlic, and celery. Stuff the main cavity with the vegetable mixture. Don’t bother sewing the cavities up. Leaving them open will add to the juices and flavor.
4. Coat the breast and legs with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon Turkey Rub. Working with your hands to loosen the skin from the breast, rub 1-2 more tablespoons of Turkey Rub between the turkey skin and the breast meat.
5. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook for 15 minutes per pound or until largest part of breast reaches internal temperature of 160ºF.
6. Remove the turkey from the pan, place on the cutting surface and cover tightly with foil for 20 minutes before carving.
Leave the vegetable mixture in the bird. This stuffing is to flavor the bird, not to eat.