I have always made stuffed artichokes until I had grilled artichokes at a restaurant in Arizona. I returned home and immediately replicated the recipe with my Zesty Lemon Herb seasoning. This recipe is one of my favorite dishes, ever.
1. Trim artichokes by cutting off stems so they sit upright. Then slice 1 inch off the top. If desired trim tips off remaining outer leaves.
2. Place the prepared artichokes in a large dutch oven (just large enough for artichokes to fit snug) and cover with water and add salt. Bring to boil and cook uncovered for 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until just tender.
3. Remove artichokes from water, drain and when cool enough to handle, slice in half. Scoop out the choke with a spoon and discard.
4. Using a pastry brush, baste both sides of the artichoke with butter and season with Zesty Lemon Herb seasoning.
5. Whether yo are using a grill or cooking inside, heat the grill or grill pan/skillet to medium-high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until lightly charred, serve warm.
Use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the choke easily!