1. Preheat oven to 200º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Trim ends off zucchini and grate them either on the large holes of a box grater or shred in a food processor
3. In a large bowl, toss the grated zucchini with the salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. Wrap the zucchini in a clean dishtowel or piece of cheese cloth and wring out excess water.
4. Return the zucchini to the bowl. Add in the scallions, egg, No Salt Lemon Pepper, flour and baking powder. Stir to combine.
5. In a large cast iron or non-stick skillet, add 2 tablespoons of canola oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Drop the zucchini mixture by the tablespoon into the skillet, 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten with a spatula.
6. Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain briefly on a paper towel then transfer to the prepared pan and then into the warm oven. Repeat with the remaining mixture, keeping the pan well-oiled.
LIKE: Better Batter, King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, or Corn Flour. HINT: You can use any of the flours listed above. We also use Garbanzo and Quinoa flours in savory baking. OTHER: Mixed Bean Flours or Potato Flour.
A great dip is my Smoky Paprika Chipotle aioli - combine 1/4 cup each sour cream and mayonnaise with 2 teaspoons Smoky Paprika Chipotle. Stir to combine.